Eb Sousaphone (4-valve) – SP28
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
At last an Eb sousaphone with the broad tone of a large sousaphone!
The new Wessex Eb sousaphone is based on a classic American design of the past, but with a larger bore and larger bell to provide the same broad tone as the best BBb sousaphones. It is exceptionally well made from 0.03"(0.8mm) brass (the same as classic sousaphones) to be durable on parade. There is extra thumb ring to enable the 4th valve to be operated by the left hand (British style) if desired. The 4th valve is also perfectly placed for use by the little finger on right hand. The sousaphone is well balanced on the shoulder making it much more comfortable and better for the back than using a tuba when used for marching. The forward facing bell provides great projection outdoors. We think this is the best Eb sousaphone ever made!
- Key: Eb
- Bell: 26" (660mm)
- Bore: 0.7" (17.75mm)
- Weight: 25lb (11.3kg)
- Made from 0.03" (0.8mm) brass (68% copper) for durable use
- Stainless steel valves with nylon valve guides
- Nickel silver slides
- Moulded shell case with wheels 26lb (11.7kg) - Gig bag is available as additional purchase.
- Wessex 24L gold plated mouthpiece
- Removable shoulder pad for comfort